Current program version: 0.14.
Last page commit: $Date: 2008/04/19 18:59:56
Metallah is a Web-based man page viewer. It has a thought
out user interface, visual options tuning, and the ability to properly
display localized manual pages.
Project is dead. No new features will be added, sorry.
Metallah doesn't do anything special except rendering manual
Check what's new in 0.14 version.
- Ability to see which physically file you are reading.
- ápropos-mode (inquiry is a regexp) with flexible navigation.
- The so-called directory mode, where you have an opportunity to
click on the section name and browse through all man page titles.
- Localized manual pages support.
- View troff man page files which are not installed in system
- Use any external command line converter, which can transmutate man(1)
output into HTML.
- Run program from command line (with ability to take XA_PRIMARY
- Visual options tuning. No cryptographic configuration files!
- Editable appearance via user CSS.
- Russian documentation :)
I don't want to buttonhole you with talks about the convenient
interface. Just try it.
2 Screen Shots
- Web-server with CGI support.
- Browser with CSS (optionally) and tables support.
- file(1), nroff(1), gunzip(1), bunzip2(1) utilities.
- Tcl 8.4 (I don't know will it work with earlier versions; it may or
may not work with later versions).
- Permissions for web-server to read system directories with
- Permissions for web-server to execute man(1).
- Permission to write in the directory:
- with installed Metallah (however, we need there only ability
to modify on the fly .metallahrc file)
The last item is not obligatory but you will lose visual options
tuning or the program log or both.
N.B. At that moment program documentation is available in
russian only. Translators are welcome!
Copyright (c) 2005 Alexander Gromnizki <iwerdon.at.gmail.com>,
All Rights Reserved. See LICENSE file inside program archive.